Public schools and nonprofit institutions have always faced financial pressures – and today’s economic environment has forced many excellent organizations to make deep and painful cuts. The I Could Do Great Things Foundation does not have the resources to help financially strapped institutions pay for their core services and overhead. What we can do is provide funding for small projects that are designed to address a very specific need or opportunity.
We’re interested in creative ideas that can’t be funded within your general operating budget. You’ll notice that our funding focus is broad and deliberately vague. Are we interested in projects designed to:
- Improve math skills and reading performance? Yes.
- Increase involvement in the arts? Yes.
- Reach out to underserved communities? Yes.
- Promote tolerance and understanding? Yes.
- Use new technologies and methodologies? Yes.
- Strengthen connections between generations? Yes.
- Make communities safer? Yes.
Our grant making process is simple and straightforward
At the I Could Do Great Things Foundation, we strive for accountability, clear communication and a minimum of red tape. Simply download this application and send it back to us via e-mail or regular mail. The application form will ask you to:
- Describe your idea in detail
- Explain who your project will benefit – and how
- What outcomes you hope to achieve with your project – and how you will measure results
- Outline your plan for turning this idea into reality. That plan should answer the basic questions, “who, what, when, where, how long and what will it cost?”
Include at least two letters of support from people in your community who believe in the value of your idea – and at least two letters of support from people within your organization. We’ll also need some general information about your organization – including your tax exempt status.
There is no deadline for applying for a grant from the I Could Do Great Things Foundation. We will review and respond to your application as soon as possible after we receive it.
Let us hear from you!
We encourage you to proceed with confidence and enthusiasm – and tell us about your Great Idea! Applications can be sent by mail or e-mail to:
PO Box 4406, Greenville, Delaware 19807